C2 RANGE SAFETY RULES
RANGE SAFETY RULES OF OPERATION
RANGE OPERATION/SAFETY RULES
Definitions. As used herein, the terms listed below shall have the following meanings:
1. “Facility” means the C2 Shooting and Training Center facility, including all of the property and all buildings, Ranges, and other improvements located thereon.
2. “Range Cabin” means the main building of the facility which houses the Pro Shop.
3. “Vestibule” means the foyer or area as soon as you enter the Range Cabin and excludes the Pro Shop.
4. “Pro Shop” means the caged area to the left of the vestibule as you enter the front entrance of the Range Cabin.
5. “Range” or “Ranges” means either or both of the Ranges designated as the West Range (for public use) and the East Range (for use of C2 Shooting and Training Center and bonefide training groups and companies only).
6. “Firing Line” means the designated line in a Shooting Lane from which the firing of weapons is permitted during “HOT” period.
7. “HOT” means a period when live fire is authorized on all Ranges and shooters must remain behind the Firing Line. Eye and ear protection is mandatory at this time. This is the ONLY time in which a weapon may be taken out to the Range
8. “COLD” means a period in which no live fire is authorized, all weapons are empty, actions open, and a chamber flag is installed. There is no handling of weapons during this time whatsoever, even to take the weapon on to or off of the Range.
9. “Shooting Lane” means the selected lane or shooting bench at the Range constituting the target line in which both the participant and the participant’s targets are located.
10. “Shooting Position” means seated or prone positions on the Rifle/Shotgun Ranges and standing positions on the Pistol Range. There shall be NO standing positions whatsoever on the Rifle/Shotgun Ranges.
11. “Rifle Range or Ranges” means Ranges in which ONLY rifles, carbines, SBR’s, SIG or SBA braced pistol variants, muzzle loaders and shotguns may be used from a seated or prone position in approved Shooting Lanes. NO STANDING ALLOWED.
12. “Pistol Range or Ranges” means Ranges on which ONLY conventional type handguns may be used. This includes the “Pistol Steel Range.”
13. “Carbine Room” means the enclosed area to the right of the Pistol Range. This “room” has two positions with fixed targets at approximately twelve (12) yards. This room is for carbine specific drills and transition drills ONLY.
14. “Rapid Fire” means firing ANY weapon based off of trigger press rather than sight picture OR blatant firing with disregard to point of impact.
15. “Range Officer” or “Range Safety Officer” means an instructor or other employee of C2 Shooting and Training Center authorized to manage and control the Range activities. Range Officers will be identified by C2 Shooting and Training Center uniforms.
16. “Range Personnel” means all employees of C2 Shooting and Training Center, including Range Safety Officers, commonly referred to as Range Officer.
17. “Membership” “Associate Membership” or “Membership Package” means any purchase of/entering into an agreement with C2 Shooting and Training Center for Membership Fees, Shooting Packages which include but are not limited to, range time, class discounts, or other offers, permission for range usage, and all other related and necessary fees and costs. Associate Members are bound to the same rules as Members and will be held accountable accordingly.
18. “Binary trigger” means a device designed to allow a round to be fired at each press of the trigger and each release of the trigger in order to simulate full auto fire.
19. “Bump stock” means a device designed to allow the recoil of the gun to simulate full auto fire. This device is illegal under current BATFE regulations.
20. “Guest Pass” means an adult day pass available for purchase by an individual accompanied and sponsored by a current Member in good standing and who assumes responsibility for the actions, both physical and financial, of said guest.
21. “Child Guest Pass” means a day pass for persons 10-17 years of age available for purchase by a parent or legal guardian who is a current Member in good standing and who assumes responsibility for the actions, both physical and financial, of said guest. A Parental Waiver must be completed, and be on file in order to purchase a Child Guest Pass.
Safety is always our major concern. Please read all of our Range Operation/Safety Rules carefully as they are mandatory conditions for use of the Facility and will be strictly enforced. It is not our intention to inconvenience anyone in any way, but maintaining a safe environment for all is our number one priority. Anyone violating a safety rule or Range requirement/procedure is subject to being removed and barred from the Facility, thereby forfeiting any prior payments and/or Membership.
IN THE ABSENCE OF ANY OTHER RULES, THE FOLLOWING BASIC FIREARMS SAFETY RULES SHALL ALWAYS APPLY:
1. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
2. Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
3. Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
4. Keep your weapon on safe until you are ready to fire.
5. Know your intended target, what's in the area of your target, and what lies beyond.
ADDITIONAL C2 SHOOTING AND TRAINING CENTER RANGE SAFETY PROCEDURES AND RULES:
1. All federal, state, and local firearm laws must be obeyed at all times.
2. All weapons shall be unloaded when entering the Facility premises. All weapons not in secure cases shall have the actions open and/or the slide/bolt locked to the rear with a chamber flag installed. Chamber flags can be borrowed from the Pro Shop. No weapons are allowed in the Pro Shop, with the exception of licensed concealed weapons which must be holstered.
3. Absolutely no handling of loaded firearms will be allowed anywhere in the Range Cabin.
4. Members will be required to produce and surrender their Membership Card and a valid form of picture ID to enter the Range. Guests must produce and surrender a valid form of picture ID. Upon properly policing your lane area and leaving the Firing Line, your Membership Card and/or ID will be returned upon checkout.
5. Anytime you transfer a handgun, rifle or shotgun to another individual, it should be unloaded, action open (so that the receiving person can verify that it is unloaded) and placed on the shooting bench facing down Range in order to be picked up by another individual.
6. For Participants’ safety, commands issued by C2 Shooting and Training Center Range Officers and Range Personnel must be obeyed immediately and without question.
7. Anyone using offensive language, threatening language or who engages in abusive behavior, or who in any way becomes a nuisance or distraction to others, including Range Officers or Range Personnel, will be warned once. A subsequent offense will result in the immediate removal and possible permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund. In instances when such behavior poses a significant safety risk to others in the sole opinion of any Range Officer or Range Personnel, such behavior will result in immediate removal-without warning- and banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund.
8. Anyone found cross-lane shooting at another target/shooting lane or shooting the Overhead Concrete Protection Baffles or Baffle Supports shall be responsible for any and all damages to the Facility and any personal injuries resulting therefrom, and will be subject to immediate removal and possible permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund.
9. Any Member, Guest or Participant who has a weapon other than a handgun and who is NOT certain of that weapon’s zero, point of aim/point of impact at a given distance SHALL BE REQUIRED to sight the weapon in for point of aim/point of impact at 25-yards. Once point of aim/point of impact is confirmed at 25-yards, the Member, Guest or Participant may move to a longer distance of choice – either 50 or 100-yards. This MUST be done to reduce damage to the facility. Failing to do so may result in immediate removal and possible permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund.
10. Care must be taken when shooting short barrel weapons and handguns. Shooters must not break the 90 degree angle from the down Range line to the Firing Line, thereby potentially pointing the weapon at an adjacent shooter or an individual behind the line. Breaking the 90 degree angle is considered a severe safety violation. This offense may result in immediate removal and possible permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund.
11. Best practices dictate that food, beverages, and tobacco products are prohibited on the Range due to lead contamination. If you choose to eat or drink on the Range, you do so at your own risk. Smoking is prohibited throughout the Range Cabin and on the Ranges and shall only be allowed in an outside designated smoking area.
12. A maximum of two (2) firearms shall be permitted in the Firing Lane or on the shooting bench at one time. All weapons not in use shall either be cased or pointed down Range with a chamber flag installed. Shooter’s ancillary gear shall be secured on the Firing Line so as to not interfere with shooting activities or foot traffic.
13. There shall be a maximum of two (2) shooters per Shooting Lane. Shooters and observers shall not congregate in groups in such a way that will restrict the Range Officer’s view of the Firing Line AT ANY TIME.
14. Shooters must use the appropriate size target which does not cover any more than the surface area of the target backer. The target must be centered and placed at an appropriate level to ensure that shots strike the backstop and not the ground, Overhead Concrete Protection Baffles or Baffle Supports, Shooting Lane ceiling or target uprights. DO NOT cover the entire backer with multiple targets unless you ensure that the target does not cover the 2x2 upright.
15. Individuals shooting from the holster must do so at their own risk. C2 is not liable for accidents or injuries sustained by shooting from the holster.
Shoulder holsters and cross-draw holsters, inside the waistband holsters and ankle holsters may not be used.
16. Use of the carbine room is done at the shooters own risk. This room is NOT For pistols only. Shooters may work carbine specific drills and transition drills. Shooters must shoot from behind the red line and may NOT move the fixed targets. Shooters must be mindful not to cross-range fire or shoot the Overhead Concrete Protection Baffles or Baffle Supports.
17. Individuals must be approved in advance for 200-300 Yard Target use via the following requirements:
a) The caliber of the weapon being used must have a trajectory capable of obtaining a distance of 200 or 300 yards while not having a max ordinance elevation so high as to impact the Overhead Concrete Protection Baffles or Baffle Supports.
b) The shooter must shoot five rounds in a 2-inch group at 100 yards witnessed and confirmed by the Range Officer.
c) The shooter must prove knowledge of his weapon’s DOPE, holdover or come-ups, to effectively hit the target at the additional distances without hitting the Overhead Concrete Protection Baffles or Baffle Supports.
- If any weapon fails to fire when pressing on the trigger, keep the weapon pointed down Range and wait at least thirty (30) seconds prior to attempting to open the breach or action.
- If the weapon emits an audible pop, usually accompanied by white smoke and less recoil, this indicates a possible squib load and the possibility that a projectile is lodged in the barrel. Remove the magazine if applicable, place the weapon on the shooting bench pointed down Range, and seek assistance from the Range Officer.
- DO NOT take a jammed or malfunctioning firearm away from your Firing Line; ask for assistance from the Range Officer.
- If you have any type of catastrophic failure and/or are injured in any way, place the weapon on the shooting bench or the ground facing down Range and alert the Range Officer immediately.
- If you need assistance with ANY malfunction notify a Range Officer.
19. All questions about the safe operation of your particular firearm or any of the forgoing procedures shall be directed to the Range Officer and/or can be found by consulting your Firearm’s Owner’s Manual.
20. Under no circumstances, shall sales of ammunition and firearms by individuals be permitted on the Facility premises.
21. In the event that a Member or Guest observes a serious safety violation likely to result in immediate and serious injury to a shooter or shooters on the Range, or if a Member or Guest observes a serious injury on the Range, he/she has the right to call a “CEASE FIRE” and alert the Range Officer.
22. Any damage to the facility due to a Member, Guest or Participant’s negligence, intentional act and/or failure to follow safety guidelines will be the financial responsibility of the Member, Guest and/or Participant. C2 Shooting and Training Center reserves the right to pursue any and all legal recourses for damage to or destruction of Range property.
23. Guests are allowed ONLY when accompanied by a Member in good standing. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests, and will be financially responsible should damage to the range facility, persons or property be caused by the guests. C2 Shooting and Training Center reserves the right to pursue any and all legal recourses for damage to or destruction of Range property.
24. Parking is available in the front of the Range Cabin. Members, Guests and Participants are expected to abide by all firearms handling safety rules as listed herein at all times while on the premises, including the parking lot. There shall be no uncasing of weapons, holstering or un-holstering of weapons, loading or unloading of weapons at any time while in the parking lot. Concealed carry weapons must remain holstered and on one’s person. Uncased weapons MUST already be unloaded and have a chamber flag inserted. Chamber Flags may be borrowed from the Pro Shop. There are NO security personnel for oversight. Security cameras are on site. C2 Shooting and Training Center is not responsible for any damaged or stolen items or injury to person or property for actions in violation of our safety rules that occur in the parking lot.
25. I recognize that I may be expelled from C2 Shooting and Training Center for violation of the Range Safety Rules and Procedures or for behavior deemed unsafe by Range Personnel, Class Instructor(s) and/or Range Master(s). Decisions regarding expulsion and revocation of Membership are final.
26. I am aware of the highly contagious nature of bacterial and viral diseases, including, but not limited to: the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE(S) (collectively, “the Disease”) and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the disease by being on the C2 Shooting and Training Center premises (the “Premises). I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death or property damage. I acknowledge that this risk may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including C2 Shooting and Training Center employees. I understand that while C2 Shooting and Training Center has implemented preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Disease, C2 Shooting and Training Center cannot guarantee that I will not become infected by the Disease while on the Premises and that being on the Premises may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY ENTERING THE PREMISES TO ENGAGE IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISKS OR PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR DEATH RELATED TO THE DISEASE, ARISING FROM MY BEING ON THE PREMISES OR ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY, WEATHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF C2 SHOOTING AND TRAINING CENTER OR OTHERWISE.
1. All persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is a current Member in good standing and who must remain with the under-age person at all times on the Range. A Parental Waiver must be completed and be on file in order for persons under 18 years of age to participate in activities on the Range. The waiver should be completed via the website PRIOR to coming to the Range.
2. NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 10 (TEN) ARE ALLOWED ON THE RANGE. Children ages 10 (ten) to 13 (thirteen) may shoot only .22LR weapons. Children 13 (thirteen) and older may shoot any allowable weapon with direct supervision and control of a parent or legal guardian. NO adult without legal authority for a minor may supervise a minor.
3. Members may purchase a Day Pass for $35.99 to shoot on a day or a range outside of their selected Membership Package.
4. Guest Passes and Child Guest Passes are available for purchase. Guest passes are $49.99 per day and Child Guest Passes are $29.99 per day.
5. Guests must be accompanied by a current Member in good standing and who assumes responsibility for the conduct of the Guest. Child Guest Passes may be purchased by a parent or legal guardian who is a current Member in good standing and who assumes responsibility for the conduct of the child. GUEST PASSES ARE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 1 (ONE) PASS PER DAY AND 6 (SIX) PER MEMBER PER YEAR. ADDITIONAL PASSES MAY BE ALLOWED AT STAFF’S SOLE DISCRETION. C2 SHOOTING AND TRAINING CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND SALES OF ALL GUEST PASSES IN THE EVENT THAT GUEST USAGE RESULTS IN CONTINUAL RANGE SAFETY RULES VIOLATIONS OR PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY.
6. Persons 18 AND OLDER ONLY allowed on the Steel Pistol Range. ALL Shooters must remain at this position for the entire duration of a “HOT” period.
7. Only two (2) shooters shall be permitted per Shooting Lane, including the Steel Pistol Range. Spectators are NOT allowed on the range.
8. Members and Guests are strictly prohibited from teaching and/or instructing individuals or groups for compensation unless explicitly authorized in writing by C2 Shooting and Training Center personnel. Doing so will result in permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without a refund.
9. The ONLY time a pistol may be holstered (aside from a concealed carry weapon) is on the firing line at the Pistol Steel Range or the in the Carbine Room. At all other times, weapons MUST be unloaded, cased, and/or action open with the slide locked to the rear with a chamber flag inserted.
10. C2 Shooting and Training Center reserves the right to refuse service to or admission to and to remove anyone from the Facility at any time and for any reason in the sole discretion of Range Personnel or Range Officers.
11. C2 SHOOTING AND TRAINING CENTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
1. All standard, high-powered rifle calibers shall be permitted, up to and including .338 Lapua on the Rifle Paper Ranges. NO greater caliber shall be permitted.
2. All standard handgun calibers, up to but NOT including .500 Smith & Wesson shall be permitted on the Pistol Paper Range.
3. On the Pistol Steel Range calibers shall be limited to .380, .38 Special, 9mm, .40 cal. and 45 ACP. NO OTHER CALIBERS are permitted. ONLY ball or Full Metal Jacket type ammunition is permitted. NO HOLLOW POINT AMMUNITION ALLOWED. Hollow-point ammunition damages the targets and can cause injury to the shooter and/or bystanders. Rapid fire is NOT permitted. Violation of either of these rules may result in permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without a refund.
4. Rifle steel targets shall be limited to the following calibers and rates of fire:
a) 100 YD Target shall only be engaged by smaller calibers or lower velocity calibers such as 30-30, .223, 5.56, 6.8 SPC, 7.62x39, 243, 270, and 6.5 Creedmore. Calibers larger than stated will quickly damage the targets, making them no longer serviceable.
b) 200-300 YD Targets may be engaged with all calibers up to and including .300 Win Mag.
c) A high rate of fire that does not allow the target to absorb the transfer of energy from the projectile to heat causes damage to the temper of the steel. Therefore, time must be given to allow the target to cool. This equates to engaging a target with one round no more than every fifteen (15) to thirty (30) seconds.
d) NO 5.56, “M855,” Steel Penetrator (“Green Tip”) ammunition or .30 caliber armor –piercing ammunition shall be used on the rifle steel targets.
5. Birdshot for shotgun and pistol (the judge or the governor) is prohibited. NO PATTERNING OF SHOTGUNS ALLOWED.
6. Tracer, incendiary, explosive or armor-piercing ammunition is prohibited on ALL Ranges.
7. Hand-reloaded ammunition is permitted for use by a participant in participant’s own firearms only.
8. If you have ANY questions regarding ammunition requirements/restrictions, please ask the Range Officer for clarification.
FIREARMS AND RATE OF FIRE:
1. NO weapon without a buttstock shall be permitted on any C2 Range. This includes, but is not limited to “MAC 10” pistols, AR-15 pistols with only a buffer tube exposed, HK Pistols, AK Pistols, Shotguns, and any/all other weapon variants without a buttstock.
2. AR Pistol Variants ONLY with a “SIG” or “SBA” Brace attached in any caliber shall be allowed on the Rifle Range only. Any other braced weapon of any type shall be allowed ONLY on the rifle range regardless of caliber. NONE shall be permitted on Pistol Ranges or Pistol Steel Range.
3. Owners of Class III firearms must be in possession of any special BATFE License or Tax Stamp Form required by law and shall show proof thereof satisfactory to the Range Officer prior to entering the Range area and before firing any Class III firearms. Rates of fire shall be limited to short bursts in which the shooter has complete control of the weapon so as not to damage the facility.
4. Rates of fire on all weapons shall be controlled; with shots taken once the weapon has settled from the recoil of the previous shot. Shooters shall shoot off of sight picture, not trigger control. NO RAPID FIRE SHALL BE PERMITTED. Violation of this rule may result in permanent banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund.
5. After a five-minute or two-minute warning is given, any shooter who blatantly rapid fires his/her weapon to empty a box magazine shall be in violation of the rapid fire rule. Alternatively, the shooter should simply remove the magazine with the rounds installed and await the coming cease fire. This is called an “ammo dump” and is strictly prohibited.
6. Muzzle-loading firearms may be fired on the Range. Muzzle-loader shooters shall NOT attempt to load a charge after the two-minute Warning. If a charge is loaded and not fired when a “CEASE FIRE” is called, notify the Range Officer Immediately and the Range Officer will all you time to get the shot off and clear the weapon. No weapon can have a charge loaded during a “COLD” period.
7. Binary triggers, bump stocks, and any other devices used to simulate fully automatic fire are strictly prohibited.
1. EVERYONE using the West Range at C2 Shooting and Training Center must be a Member or a Guest accompanied by a Member. Military, Law Enforcement, bonafide Training Companies and other contractors that rent or use the East Range Training Ranges are NOT required to be Members. These entities’ usage of the C2 Shooting and Training Center shall be limited to the East Training Ranges unless otherwise specified.
2. Prior to coming to C2 Shooting and Training Center, all new Members and Guests should visit the website at C2shootingcenter.com to read the safety rules, procedures, Membership and range package options, view the safety video, sign the Waiver of Liability, Indemnification and Assumption of Risk and Membership Contract, and purchase the requisite Membership for access to the Range Facility. Guests accompanying any Member must also complete the requisite safety and waiver forms for entry and use of the Range. This may be done on-site, HOWEVER, this will take a significant amount of time to read and complete, so prepare accordingly. It is best done at home with ample time allowed.
3. Upon arrival, Members and Guests must first check-in at the Pro-Shop with Range Personnel. New Members must be verified by Range Personnel and will be given the appropriate Membership Documentation/Cards. Guest passes may be purchased. Hourly shooting rates no longer apply.
4. Once Membership is verified, Members will present Range Personnel with a valid photo ID and one of his/her Membership Cards to be held by Range Personnel for the duration of the Member’s visit. Both must be presented at EACH visit. Guests must also present a valid photo ID.
5. During check-in, ALL WEAPONS (except for holstered concealed weapons) MUST REMAIN IN A VEHICLE. Weapons are no longer allowed in the vestibule while awaiting entry to the Range so as to reduce congestion in the vestibule and eliminate inappropriate handling of weapons in the Range Cabin.
6. Range Personnel will provide the Member/Guest with any/all rental or sale items needed for shooting on the Range (i.e., eye protection, ear protection, stapler, targets, scope and bags), and will answer any questions necessary for access to the Range.
7. Once checked-in, and whether the line is “HOT” or “COLD,” if there is a Shooting Lane is available, the Member/Guest may take his/her shooting gear, targets, and other NON-WEAPON items out to the Firing Lane in preparation for shooting. IF THE LINE IS “HOT,” the Member/Guest may retrieve his/her weapon(s) from his/her vehicle and bring them directly to the Firing Line in accordance with the general rules.
8. Members/Guests may then use the Range according to the requisite membership terms, and the safety rules and procedures iterated in this document.
9. During the Member/Guest’s last “HOT” period prior to checking out, the Member/Guest will return his/her weapon(s) to his/her vehicle.
10. During the following “COLD” period, the Member/Guest must appropriately clean up as outlined in the rules and then the Member/Guest will return to the Pro-Shop for check-out. At this time, the Member/Guest will return and any/all rentals and pay for retail sale items. Range Personnel will return valid picture ID and Membership Card to the Member/Guest.
1. The Range is always considered either “HOT” or “COLD” as declared by the Range Officer.
2. At the start of each day or round of Range activities, once the Range Officer has completely checked the Firing Line, he/she shall call the line “COLD” thereby allowing participants to (i) select a Shooting Lane (ii) go forward of the Firing Line to post, paste or place their targets on the selected Shooting Lane and (iii) move any additional gear required to the area behind the Firing Line of their Shooting Lane. NO WEAPONS MAY BE BROUGHT OUT TO THE FIRING LINE during a “COLD” period as current participants in Range activities may be down Range. There shall be NO HANDLING of any weapons during any “COLD” period. “COLD” periods last as long as it takes for all shooters to return from down Range, typically no more than Ten (10) minutes.
3. When a Range Officer declares the Range is “HOT,” and gives the command “EYES AND EARS ARE REQUIRED AT THIS TIME, THE LINE IS NOW HOT,” firing may commence, participants are free to handle firearms and unloaded weapons may be brought out to the chosen Shooting Lane. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THAT WEAPONS MAY BE BROUGHT OUT TO THE FIRING LINE OR REMOVED FROM THE FIRING LINE. All loading and unloading of weapons on the Facility premise must be done on the Range in a shooting lane during a “HOT” period. Weapons must remain pointed down range while uncasing, casing, loading and unloading. Eye and ear protection is mandatory all times during a “HOT” period. Everyone must remain behind the Firing Line until the Range is declared “COLD” by a Range Officer. “HOT” periods typically Last approximately thirty (30) minutes.
4. A “Two-Minute Warning” command shall be given by the Range Officer prior to the cessation of a firing period or “HOT” period as a warning that the “HOT” period is about to expire. The “Two-Minute Warning” gives an additional alert for efficiency purposes that it is almost time to unload and secure your weapon for inspection by the Range Officer prior to the Range being called “COLD.”
5. Upon expiration of the HOT period, the Range Officer will call the command “CEASE, FIRE, CEASE FIRE, CEASE FIRE,” at which time ALL shooters shall follow this specific procedure:
- Stop shooting IMMEDIATELY.
- Remove your finger from the trigger.
- Keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Open and clear the action, remove all ammunition from the weapon and insert a chamber flag into the empty chamber of your weapon.
- Step behind the red line to make your weapon available for inspection by a Range Officer who will check each weapon on the Firing Line to ensure all weapons are clear and unloaded with chamber flags installed.
- There shall be NO further handling of your weapon.
- Wait for further instructions from the Range Officer.
- Once the Range Officer has completely checked the Firing Line, he/she shall call the line “COLD,” thereby allowing shooters to go forward of the Firing Line to post or remove their targets on the selected Shooting Lane.
(For your safety, C2 Shooting and Training Center allows any Member/Guest who sees an unsafe condition, a severe safety violation, or an injury to call a “CEASE FIRE,” at which time the above referenced procedure shall be followed by everyone and the Range Officer immediately notified of the concern.)
6. Upon completion of a shooting session and prior to leaving the Range for the day during a “COLD” period, each participant shall police his/her brass and trash behind and in front of his/her Firing Line, remove his/her targets from the Shooting Lane and place each such item in the proper containers provided and labeled by C2 Shooting and Training Center. Brass is to be placed in the brass buckets. Steel casings and shotgun shells are to be placed in the trash can. This clean-up process is the most common safety/rule violation at C2 Shooting and Training Center and will be enforced. Failure to follow this rule may result in a warning and ultimately, banishment from the Facility and surrender of your Membership without refund. Again, NO WEAPONS shall be handled or moved during this time.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of permitting the person(s) signing below, to use the C2 Shooting Center located in the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia (the “Facility”), to enroll in a Personal Defense/Handgun Safety Instructional Course and/or to participate in any training course of instruction or Range firing activities and related operations conducted by, through or at the Facility (collectively, the “Activities”), each person signing below (including any minor and such minor’s parent or guardian), for himself/herself, his/her personal representatives, heirs and next of kin, hereby acknowledges and agrees as follows:
1. That I have read, understood and agreed to abide by the C2 Shooting Center Range Operation/Safety Rules provided to me prior to participation in any of the Activities.
2. That firearm-related activities are potentially dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. I further acknowledge that the instructional materials covered and or presented by C2 Shooting Center contain only general guidelines and fundamentals presented purposely to provide quality training in the safe handling and proper use of firearms and to promote a safe environment at the Facility.
3. TRAINING WITH FIREARMS, EVEN WHEN TRAINING UNDER THE SAFEST CONDITIONS, IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. FIREARMS TRAINING AT A SHOOTING RANGE ENTAILS KNOWN AND UNANTICIPATED RISKS WHICH COULD RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL INJURY, PARALYSIS, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO THE PARTICIPANT, OR THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PARTICIPANT BEING SHOT FROM A FIREARM CAUSING GRAVE BODILY INJURY, HEARING LOSS, EYE INJURY OR LOSS, BLINDNESS, INHALATION OR CONTACT WITH AIRBORNE CONTAMINANTS AND/OR FLYING DEBRIS, FRACTURES, PARTIAL AND/OR TOTAL PARALYSIS, HEAT STROKE, HEART ATTACK AND OTHER AILMENTS THAT COULD CAUSE SERIOUS TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY OR DEATH. PARTICIPATION IN FIREARMS TRAINING AT C2 SHOOTING CENTER SHALL CONSTITUTE THE PARTICIPANT’S EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS INVOLVED WITH THE FOREGOING, AND ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF, HIS HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, THE PARTICIPANT KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVES DISCHARGES AND RELEASES C2 SHOOTING CENTER, INC., SHEP SMITH, INC., ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSTRUCTORS, RANGE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND/OR THE OWNER(S) OF THE LAND ON WHICH THE FACILITY IS LOCATED, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM AND/OR FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION OR LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE AGAINST THE RELEASEES, OR ANY OF THEM, RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY MANNER ARISING OUT OF OR ON ACCOUNT OF THE PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN TRAINING OR OTHER ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED AT THE FACILITY, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE RELEASEES, ANY OTHER USER OR USERS OF THE FACILITY, OR ANY OTHER PARTICIPANT INVOLVED WITH PARTICIPANT’S’ TRAINING OR OTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE FACILITY.
Participant further agrees to promptly pay, indemnify, and hold the aforesaid Releasees harmless from any claims debts demands or liability of any nature which may be asserted against them, including payments of any attorney’s fees and related costs incurred by the RELEASEES in defense of any such claim(s), or in enforcing the terms of this ASSUMPTION OF RISKs AND WAIVER.
4. I hereby agree that in accordance with the Safety Rules, Regulations and Procedures, I may be held liable for damage to C2 Shooting Center’s property and/or facility that results from any violation of the stated Safety Rules, Regulations and Procedures.
5. The provisions of this Agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of my participation in the Activities and the expiration or termination of my Membership, as applicable.
6. This Agreement shall be an enforceable contract between C2 Shooting Center, Inc. and the undersigned, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. This contract includes the Range Rules and Responsibilities, the Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification, and incorporates by reference the Terms of Service Agreement for Range Memberships.
7. This Agreement may not be modified or amended except in writing signed by the undersigned and C2 Shooting and Training Center, Inc.
8. The undersigned (a) acknowledge(s) that C2 Shooting Center intends to store a copy of this Agreement electronically, (b) agree(s) that a facsimile or scanned electronic copy of this Agreement or printed copy thereof from an electronic storage system used by C2 Shooting Center and showing the signature(s) set forth below will be deemed to constitute an originally signed copy of this same Agreement and shall be enforceable to the same extent as the originally signed copy of this Agreement, and (c) in connection with any proceeding to enforce, defend or interpret this Agreement, waives (i) all objections to the inability of C2 Shooting Center to produce the originally signed copy of this Agreement and (ii) any requirement to produce the originally signed copy of this Agreement.
WITNESS THE FOLLOWING SIGNATURE AND SEAL TO THE C2 SHOOTING CENTER, INC. RANGE SAFETY RULES OF OPERATION/WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY, AND MEMBERSHIP/GUEST AGREEMENT: